NHS Prescription Ordering Direct (POD) Service
We will be taking part in the new NHS Prescription Ordering Direct (POD) service, the easy way for you to order your repeat prescription!
All it takes is a simple phone call that you can make from the comfort of your own home - there’s no need to go into your GP practice or pharmacy.
You’ll also speak to a trained health professional who can discuss your needs meaning you’ll only order medication when you need it - saving the NHS money to spend on other important services.
The POD will be able to view and process all online access requests and process them on behalf of the surgery. If you do not want the POD to process your online requests you may OPT OUT by contacting reception and informing them.
Ways to order
Repeat prescriptions should be requested at least 3 working days in advance to allow us time to process the request and issue the prescription. There are a number of ways you can request a repeat prescription:
- Tick the appropriate box on the prescription counterfoil and leave it in the prescription request box in the foyer.
- Tick the appropriate box on the prescription counterfoil and send the request in the post.
- Telephone: 01384 465303 (NEW number from 23rd January 2019)
- Order a repeat through your pharmacy.
- Request a repeat prescription online using Patient Access